Thursday, April 26, 2012

Connecting Print and Virtual Worlds

Blogs, as the original name ("weblog") suggests, primarily discuss other blogs, web sites, and social media. Few genealogy blogs focus on the many ongoing print publications relevant to our field.

Since I spent most of my life in the 20th century, I am either confused or ambidextrous, as I partake of both. So does this blog. One of my goals here is to mention the best of print and hopefully get it into on-line circulation.

Your suggestions or pointers as to juicy tidbits I may have missed are welcome. This includes mentions of your own local, regional, or state publications (most of which I do not see regularly), as well as blog or Facebook or forum posts that I overlook; I will happily give credit if I mention them. Thanks!


Harold Henderson, “Connecting Print and Virtual Worlds,” Midwestern Microhistory: A Genealogy Blog, posted 26 April 2012 (http://midwesternmicrohistory.blogspot.com : accessed [access date]). [Please feel free to link to the specific post if you prefer.]

2 comments:

Dawn Watson said...

What in particular are you looking for? Scholarly articles, articles about records or the research process, or...? This sounds like a very good idea to me!

Harold Henderson said...

Dawn -- Yes!