Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First trip to the big library

Can you imagine discovering that a bunch of your own family papers had been donated to a research library halfway across the country? A thrill, yes, but kind of scary too. Anyway it makes a great blog post at Apple's Tree, which is just that sort of blog, with lots of stories and details. This time she gets advice from commenters on how to prepare for a big high-stakes research trip to a place you've never been before, in this case the Bentley Historical Library at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Add your two cents if you have any.

2 comments:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Thanks for your advice and the mention here! I have contacted the library and they will be doing the copying for me. I can use my camera but they will copy whatever I want and send it to me when it's done. I'm quite excited and trying to figure out how to fit in all that I want to do in just one week.

I hear that we have a Pittsburgh cousin in common!

Harold Henderson said...

Yes, what a surprise! She's a good one to have in your corner.