Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Online Military Records

Who knew Joe Beine has an Online Military Indexes and Records site to go with his vital records sites? Not me! Fortunately I see that it's been updated. The free sites dealing with individual states include:

Illinois data from Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Mexican War, Civil War, and World War I.

Indiana data from Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Mexican War, World War I, and World War II.

Ohio data from Revolutionary War, Civil War, Spanish-American War, World War I, and World War II.

Michigan data from Civil War, Spanish-American War, and World War I.

Wisconsin data from Civil War.

Missing from this site, however, is the relatively recent Michigan bonanza of Civil War resources (blogged here March 5) just as you would find them if you visited the archives in person -- i.e., largely unindexed.

No comments: